6" COTTON CANDLE WICKS 100 pcs
- Medium Cotton Candle Wicks 100 pcs + 2 E-BOOKS INCLUDED!!!; Wick's Dia - 0.08" (2 mm); Perfect for making your own candles with diameters opening less than 2,5 inches; Medium wicks 6 inches long (152,4 mm); Base (Tab) Dia:0.5" (12,5mm); Are easy to cut down to the size you want. CAN BE EASILY STRAIGHTENED AND WON'T BROKE.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & NATURAL: Made of 100 % cotton. Little to no soot, non-toxic and biodegradable. PARAFFIN-FREE, CONTAINS NO LEAD, ZINC OR OTHER METALLS;
- NO SMOKE & NO BAD SMELL: Wicks pre-waxed and tabbed; Coated in soy wax; 27 cotton threads, Burns longer, well & safe, the flame is LARGE & STABLE. Candle flame length is about 0,8" (2,7cm);
- WIDELY USED: Works with any kind of wax (paraffin, soy, palm wax, beewax etc).Have a good burn stability that works well in votives, containers and pillars. Works best in soy blend wax. Can be used in all types of candle systems; Wicks STAY FINE EVEN AFTER YOU POUR WAX ONTO THEM AND WON'T FLOAT. NO STICKERS INCLUDED!; Use hot glue to stick the wick to the bottom of jars - stick the wick in a straw, dab the bottom with hot glue, press the straw on the bottom of the jar!!!
- GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE 2 E-BOOKS WITH YOUR PURCHASE - 70 CANDLE MAKING HACKS & 291 DIY HOUSEHOLD HACKS! - 373 pages of the best ideas and instructions that are simple and convenient! Product Designed in Canada. ENJOY!!
The type of the wick
This is 27 ply flat braid cotton wick.
Flat braided wicks are very consistent in their burning and curl in the flame for a self-trimming effect. They are the most commonly used wicks and are often found in taper and pillar candles.
What size are the wicks?
The wick length - 6" (203mm)
The diameter of the wick - 0.08" (2 mm)
What waxes work well with the wicks?
According to our burn tests, the wick works well in soy wax, paraffin wax, palm wax, beeswax and gel wax. ALWAYS test new wicks with your wax, fragrance oil, dye or additives.
What containers are the wicks appropriate for?
The wicks are perfect for containers with diameter 2-3 inches and height less than 6 inches.
What type of wax are the wicks coated with?
The wicks are coated with soy wax.
What types of candles are the wicks good for?
These wicks are good for votives, tealights, and other small candles.
The wick is not thick enough
Yes, this wick is thin. You can use two or more wicks for your candle.
The wick doesn't stand up in the wax
These are 100% cotton wicks and they will not stand up straight. You need to use a wick holder and hot glue to stick them to the bottom of your container. It always works and the wicks stay in place even after adding the hot wax.
The wicks detach from the metal sustainer tabs
Any wick will become detached from the base if you pour very hot wax. It is important to pour your wax at the right temperature.
The wick curls up
This is a flat braided wick. It curls into the hottest part of the flame. This causes the wick to be self-trimming and to burn cleaner when the proper size is used
The wick smokes
Small amounts of smoke and soot are natural parts of the burning process. Excess smoke and soot are evidence of an incomplete chemical reaction that could be caused by a variety of factors.
- The primary cause of black smoke is an overly long wick. Trimming wicks to between 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch before you light the candle is the easiest way to prevent black smoke.
- Another common cause of black smoke is a drafty environment. Keeping your candle flames away from too much moving air will help them burn more cleanly.
- Since a candle is a chemical reaction, everything that goes into it can have an impact on how it burns. Check your scents, colors, and other additives.
My candle "tunnels"
The wick is too small for your candle. It will not burn out to the edge of your container but will instead burn down the middle, or 'tunnel'. Use two or more wicks in your candle.