Creating homemade jar candles is an experience in itself. These days, a lot of people out there are making their own candles using basic materials like wax, braided candle wicks, and candles tab. Yes – this might surprise you, but you need only a handful of things to create all those attractive candles.
Small candle jars are the latest trend these days. Fortunately, you can also create them without any trouble. In this post, we will make you familiar with wick tabs and how they can be used to make durable and attractive candles.
What are wick tabs?
If you are a professional, then chances are that you must have already worked with candle wick tabs. They are used to hold the wick of a candle at an ideal position. Whenever you are working on tall or thick candles, it becomes quite difficult to sustain the position of the wick. Additionally, even in tea lights or small jar candles the wick seems to malfunction at times.
To avoid such an unwanted situation, metal candle wick can be used. They have a small opening in the middle, from where the wick can be passed. Later, using an adhesive or sticker, the wick can get stuck to the bottom of the container. By using wick sustainers, you can ensure that the wicks would function flawlessly and provide productive results while burning the flame at a constant rate.
To start with, you can buy a pack of 200 metal wick tabs. Made from high-quality material, they are 12.5 mm wide with a center hole of 2.5 mm. These wick sustainers are a must-have product for every professional who deals with candle making.
There is a total of 200 different metal wick tabs in the pack. Just get a wick spool and trim the size of the wick you want. Attach it with these candle wick tabs and prepare as many as 200 different wicks. This would be quite useful for those who make a whole batch of candles in one go.
Great! Now when you know about the essential candle wick tab, let’s proceed and learn how to make some adorable jar candles. To start with, collect the following materials.
- A jar/container
- Candle wicks
You can get most of the products like wicks, candles tab, and more from CozYours Amazon store as well.
After collecting all the provided materials, you need to follow some basic instructions to create your own jar candles. Make sure that your raw materials like wax and candle wick tabs are already with you before you proceed. Additionally, if you are making candles in a batch, then trim the wicks and attach candles tab to them beforehand to avoid any setback.
- Start by melting the wax using a boiler. Simply shred a few pieces of beeswax and put them in a boiler. Instead of using paraffin wax, we recommend using beeswax. Paraffin wax produces unwanted substances while burning. Beeswax, on the other hand, produces eco-friendly byproducts after burning and goes well with metal wick tabs too.
- While the wax is melting, you can prepare your wick tabs. Measure the size of the wick and trim it from the spool.
- Take the wick sustainers and pass the wick from its center carefully. Make sure that your candle wick tabs have a hole which is wide enough to let the wick pass.
- Now, take a sticker and attach the metal candle wick to the bottom of the jar. Let it rest for a while and focus on the melting wax.
- After when your wax is ready, let it settle for another 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, tie the upper end of the wick to a pencil and let the other one be attached to the candle wick tab.
- As soon as the wax is ready, start pouring it into the jar. Do this cautiously and make sure that it won’t push away the candles tab with it.
- Let the wax rest for a while and fill it again if you find any air gaps in between. Untie the pencil from the wick and trim it accordingly.
That’s it! You have just made a stunning jar candle using wick sustainers. Also, if you wish to level up your game and add more character to your candle, then you can just use fragrance oil or add color to your wax with crayons.
You can also add pebbles at the bottom of the jar. Though, while doing so, make sure that they won’t disturb the wick tabs that are already attached at the bottom of the jar. Go ahead and make another batch of jar candles. Take the assistance of our candle wick tabs to make the entire process easier for it. Feel free to let us know about your experience of making jar candles!